All Hertfordshire Children’s Centres have achieved the Healthy Children’s Centre accreditation. The programme involves supporting 8 key health priorities they include:
- Healthy weight; healthy lives
- Improving oral health
- Improving children’s and parents/carers mental health and well-being
- Improving sexual health
- Reducing alcohol and substance misuse
- Tobacco control
- Increasing immunisation rates
- Child, family and centre safety
In order to be awarded Healthy Children’s Centre status each Children’s Centre Group has to:
- show evidence that they are promoting related national and local health campaigns e.g. Dry January and No Smoking Day
- hold a range of health promotion information for families to access.
- have a good understanding of local and national organisations to signpost parents to, who need more support
- ensure that they can evidence close partnership working with local health professionals such as Health Visitors and Midwives
- ensure key health promotion messages are threaded through all the Children’s Centre services we deliver.
Hertsmere Leisure Children’s Centres will be having their assessment between late March and early May 2017, we will keep you posted.