All Hertfordshire Children’s Centres have achieved the Healthy Children’s Centre accreditation. The programme involves supporting 8 key health priorities they include:
- Healthy weight; healthy lives
- Improving oral health
- Improving children’s and parents/carers mental health and well-being
- Improving sexual health
- Reducing alcohol and substance misuse
- Tobacco control
- Increasing immunisation rates
- Child, family and centre safety
In order to be awarded Healthy Children’s Centre status each Children’s Centre Group has to:
- show evidence that they are promoting related national and local health campaigns e.g. Dry January and No Smoking Day
- hold a range of health promotion information for families to access.
- have a good understanding of local and national organisations to signpost parents to, who need more support
- ensure that they can evidence close partnership working with local health professionals such as Health Visitors and Midwives
- ensure key health promotion messages are threaded through all the Children’s Centre services we deliver.