Principal Health Centre
Civic Cl, St Albans
01727 774 090
MondayIn the community
Tuesday12.30pm – 3.30pm
Wednesday1pm – 3pm
Thursday1pm – 3pm
FridayIn the community
Principal Health Centre is open every day from 9am – 5pm for you to pick up our latest programme.
S4/S5 Buses http://www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk/se/TTB/EFA01__00007ded_TP.pdf
Browse our activity programme (PDF) and read descriptions of sessions from September to December 2017.
There are currently 2,803 children aged 0 – 5 years living in this area. In January 1970 we have 85% (2,377) of these children registered.
Group data: In total there are currently 2 children aged 0 – 5 years living in the St Albans West area. In September 2017 we have 118,850% (2377) of these children registered.
Our Target Priorities for St Albans West
- To continue to develop services for parents with young babies.
- In partnership with local Early Years Settings support families, who are eligible to access 2 year old funding and other Children’s Centre services, in order that they reach their potential by the end of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To support parents looking for work by providing a range of adult learning opportunities.
Latest updates from St Albans Children’s Centre
- Healthy Children’s Centre accreditation
We have achieved the Healthy Children’s Centre accreditation for all of our Children’s Centres. Find out more
- Free childcare for your two year old
Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) have been working together to increase the take up of free early education for two year olds. One of the aims of the group was to have a new visual identity for the two year old scheme. The overwhelming choice was for a dinosaur, known as “Spike” within the team.
Could you be entitled to get free early education and childcare for you 3 and 4 year old?
Did you know that:
All 3 and 4 year olds can get 15 hours free early education (570 hours per year). This can be used with a school, childminder, day nursery, pre-school. In some cases, 3 and 4 year olds can get an extra 15 hours childcare (570 hours a year). This will depend on your circumstances.