Register your child with Hertsmere Children Centres
- Download Registration Form (pdf, 4mb)
See also our Ethnicity guidelines.
Share this page:
South Mimms & Potters Bar West
South Mimms & Potters Bar West
Furzefield Children’s Centre
See large map
01707 850 566 (Furzefield Children’s Centre)
Office opening times:
Monday – Thursday 9am – 10am,
12noon – 1pm,
3pm – 5pm
Friday 9am – 10am, 12noon – 1pm, 2pm – 4pm
Potters Bar & South Mimms
September – December 2013
- Download Autumn 2013 programme (pdf, 7mb)
Community Data • December 2013
- There are currently 475 children aged 0–5 years living in this area.
- In December 2013 we have 82% (388) of these children registered, up from 71% at the same time a year ago.
- Group data: In total there are currently 1106 children aged 0 – 5 years living in Potters Bar East and South Mimms & Potters Bar West Children’s Centre areas. In December 2013we have 83% (923) of these children registered.
Our Target Priorities for South Mimms & Potters Bar West
- Increase the number of children taking up two year old funding to access a Pre School or Nursery.
- Maintain the work with Pre Schools and Nurseries to support all children achieving.
- Continue to promote learning opportunities for parents and follow their progress.
- Encourage and support mothers with breastfeeding.
Latest News & Updates
Charges from September 2013
There is a non-refundable charge for services needs to be prepaid when the place is confirmed:-
|Baby Massage||£10 per course|
|Crèche||£2 per child per session
(payment for courses in advance eg 4 weeks = £8)
|Antenatal First Aid||£5 registration|
|Creative Adult Learning||£5 registration|
|Football Fun||£5 registration|
|First Aid||£5 registration|
|Progression 2||£10 registration per term|
|Counselling||£10 registration per term|
|Postnatal Toning||£10 per term|
Exemption: Families receiving Housing Benefit (show a recent notification from the Council) will be exempt.
Come along to find out about Boys development and behaviour and how to enhance learning for boys within your setting.
- Download leaflet (pdf, 40k)
Tips on online safety when your child is using computer games and the internet.
- Download flyer (pdf, 134k)
Then why not learn with Progression 2: You can work at your own pace & even have one-to-one support if you need it. Learn on-line at home or at the BECC/Furzefield Children’s Centres (crèche places available*)
- Download leaflet (pdf, 300k)
Abbots Langley • Aldenham & Radlett Borehamwood, Elstree & Shenley • Park Street & St Stephen’s • Potters Bar & South Mimms Bushey & Bushey Heath
- Download programme (pdf, 1.5mb)
Are you pregnant and interested in breastfeeding? Are you already breastfeeding and want to meet other mums? Need answers to breastfeeding questions? Why not join us at our new drop-in sessions for both pregnant and breastfeeding mums and their families. These sessions offer a friendly and relaxing environment to meet other mums plus access to support from trained staff.
- Download leaflet (pdf, 260k)
Fun and exciting opportunities for children and young people aged 5-19 with learning disabilities in Watford, Three Rivers and Hertsmere.
- Download flyer (pdf, 540k)
Community Data for South Mimms & Potters Bar West • December 2013
- There are currentlychildren aged 0 – 5 years living in the Furzefield Children’s Centre area
- Furzefield Children’s Centre has 339 of these children registered (this is 65%)
Elm Court Community Centre
363 Mutton Lane
St. Mary’s Church Hall
PB1 Children’s Centre,
Chace Avenue, Potters Bar,
Furzefield Children’s Centre,
Mutton Lane, Potters Bar,
Hertsmere, EN6 3BW
South Mimms Village Hall,
Blanche Lane, South Mimms,