Sopwell and Verulam Children’s Centre
Find us on Facebook
01727 774 090
Friday9:00am – 4:00pm
Browse our activity programme (PDF) and read descriptions of sessions for September – December 2017.
There are currently 1,129 children aged 0 – 5 years living in this area. In August 2017 we have 90% (1,012) of these children registered.
Group data: In total there are currently 2,803 children aged 0 – 5 years living in the St Albans West area. In August 2017 we have 84% (2363) of these children registered.
Our Target Priorities for St Albans West
- To continue to develop services for parents with young babies.
- In partnership with local Early Years Settings support families, who are eligible to access 2 year old funding and other Children’s Centre services, in order that they reach their potential by the end of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To support parents looking for work by providing a range of adult learning opportunities.
Staff Photo Gallery
Latest updates from Sopwell and Verulam Children’s Centre
- Healthy Children’s Centre accreditation
We have achieved the Healthy Children’s Centre accreditation for all of our Children’s Centres. Find out more
- Free childcare for your two year old
Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) have been working together to increase the take up of free early education for two year olds. One of the aims of the group was to have a new visual identity for the two year old scheme. The overwhelming choice was for a dinosaur, known as “Spike” within the team.
Could you be entitled to get free early education and childcare for you 3 and 4 year old?