Sopwell and Verulam Children’s Centre
01727 841 324 (01727 774 090 Available up to the end of Feb)
Monday9am – 5pm
Tuesday9am – 5pm
Wednesday9am – 5pm
Thursday9am – 5pm
Friday9am – 4pm
Browse our activity programme (PDF) and read descriptions of sessions from January to April 2018.
There are currently 1,129 children aged 0 – 5 years living in this area. In January 1970 we have 90% (1,012) of these children registered.
Group data: In total there are currently 2 children aged 0 – 5 years living in the St Albans West area. In September 2017 we have 118,850% (2377) of these children registered.
Our Target Priorities for St Albans West
- To continue to develop services for parents with young babies.
- In partnership with local Early Years Settings support families, who are eligible to access 2 year old funding and other Children’s Centre services, in order that they reach their potential by the end of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To support parents looking for work by providing a range of adult learning opportunities.
Latest updates from Sopwell and Verulam Children’s Centre
- Healthy Children’s Centre accreditation
We have achieved the Healthy Children’s Centre accreditation for all of our Children’s Centres. Find out more
- Free childcare for your two year old
Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) have been working together to increase the take up of free early education for two year olds. One of the aims of the group was to have a new visual identity for the two year old scheme. The overwhelming choice was for a dinosaur, known as “Spike” within the team.
Could you be entitled to get free early education and childcare for you 3 and 4 year old?
Did you know that:
All 3 and 4 year olds can get 15 hours free early education (570 hours per year). This can be used with a school, childminder, day nursery, pre-school. In some cases, 3 and 4 year olds can get an extra 15 hours childcare (570 hours a year). This will depend on your circumstances.