Sopwell and Verulam Children’s Centre
Find us on Facebook
01727 774 090
Friday9:00am – 4:00pm
Browse our activity programme (PDF) and read descriptions of sessions for April to July 2017.
Browse our activity programme (PDF) and read descriptions of sessions for 31 July – 25 August 2017.
There are currently 1,071 children aged 0 – 5 years living in this area. In May 2017 we have 95% (1,017) of these children registered.
Group data: In total there are currently 2,746 children aged 0 – 5 years living in the St Albans West area. In May 2017 we have 87% (2399) of these children registered.
Our Target Priorities for St Albans West
- To continue to develop services for parents with young babies.
- In partnership with local Early Years Settings support families, who are eligible to access 2 year old funding and other Children’s Centre services, in order that they reach their potential by the end of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To support parents looking for work by providing a range of adult learning opportunities.
Staff Photo Gallery
Latest updates from Sopwell and Verulam Children’s Centre
- Healthy Children’s Centre accreditation
We have achieved the Healthy Children’s Centre accreditation for all of our Children’s Centres. Find out more.
- Free childcare for your two year old
Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) have been working together to increase the take up of free early education for two year olds. One of the aims of the group was to have a new visual identity for the two year old scheme. The overwhelming choice was for a dinosaur, known as “Spike” within the team.
Could you be entitled to get free early education and childcare for you 3 and 4 year old?
- Volunteers survey
If you are volunteering at our Children’s Centres, or you have moved on to employment or further learning, we would really appreciate you letting us know how valuable it has been. It will take about 2 minutes of your time to complete and we will use the feedback to continue to build our service.