PB1 Children’s Centre
Oakmere Primary School
01707 658 547
Monday9am – 5pm
Tuesday9am – 12.30pm
Wednesday9am – 5pm
Thursday9am – 5pm
Friday9am – 4pm
DIRECTIONS TO PB1
From the High Street run down Oakmere Lane and follow the road all the way down until it becomes Chace Avenue. PB1 Children’s centre is in Oakmere Primary Schools on the left past Stamford Close. Look for the traffic sign to PB1 Children’s Centre at the junction of Southgate Road and Park Avenue, and the junction of High Street and Oakmere Lane. Local Bus: PB1.
The school have a new car park which is available for families accessing PB1 Children’s Centre. Access is via Featherstone Close and veer left. There are several designated parking spaces for Disabled Access.
Browse our activity programme (PDF) and read descriptions of sessions from September to December 2017.
There are currently 846 children aged 0 – 5 years living in this area. In January 1970 we have 88% (741) of these children registered.
Group data: In total there are currently 1 children aged 0 – 5 years living in the Hertsmere East area. In September 2017 we have 118,100% (1181) of these children registered.
Our Target Priorities for Hertsmere East
- Support families, who are eligible, to access 2 year old funding and other Children’s Centre services and record the impact it makes on their development.
- Encourage all families particularly those with babies to access Children’s Centre services, including those who are not currently accessing services
- Encourage more parents to get involved in making decisions about the Centre’s development.
Latest updates from PB1 Children’s Centre
- Healthy Children’s Centre accreditation
We have achieved the Healthy Children’s Centre accreditation for all of our Children’s Centres. Find out more
- Free childcare for your two year old
Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) have been working together to increase the take up of free early education for two year olds. One of the aims of the group was to have a new visual identity for the two year old scheme. The overwhelming choice was for a dinosaur, known as “Spike” within the team.
Could you be entitled to get free early education and childcare for you 3 and 4 year old?
Did you know that:
All 3 and 4 year olds can get 15 hours free early education (570 hours per year). This can be used with a school, childminder, day nursery, pre-school. In some cases, 3 and 4 year olds can get an extra 15 hours childcare (570 hours a year). This will depend on your circumstances.
- We Moves, She Moves Newsletter
Welcome to the June We Move, She Moves newsletter and a big warm welcome to all our new ‘movers’! This month we have some exciting events and new courses for you to be involved in from Swimming to Yoga, running to Boogie Bounce Xtreme, Trampolining to Clubbercise and many more. Read more below…
- Herts Mind Network
Herts Mind Network is a well-being focused organisation which aims to help people improve their overall quality of life, experiences at work and grow as individuals.
They offer a range of diverse services which include:
- One-One Solution Focused Peer Support
- Vocational Advice
- Housing Advice
- Personal Development Courses
- Support Groups Such as: Anxiety management, confidence building, relaxation, mindfulness and anger management
Courses will take place over a 6 week period and there is a £10 charge per person for the course.
Please speak to Children Centre staff for more information or contact Herts Mind Network directly on 02037 273600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Furzefield Leisure centre crèche!
Why not try out the Furzefield Leisure centre crèche! It may be the first time you have left your child in the care of another person and it could be a chance for you and your child to experience this before they start attending nursery or school. The crèche offers a range of play activities for your child while you go and have a drink downstairs in the leisure centre café or pop into the children’s centre for support or information. Please speak to the Furzefield Leisure Centre reception for more information. The crèche is only open during Term Time.
- OFSTED Report 2014
Many thanks you to all parents who helped make it a successful inspection. Click below to read the report in full:
- Children’s Centre Assistant Hertsmere East Children’s Centres (Potters Bar & Shenley) - Children’s Centre Assistant Location: Hertsmere East Children’s Centres Hours: Part Time (32 hours a week) Salary: £8.22 per hour (£16,670 pa FTE based on 39 hours per week) Car driver essential Hertsmere Leisure is a registered charity established in 2002 with a reputation for delivering high quality services for the local community. It is the… Read More