The BECC Children’s Centre
Off Furzehill Road
020 8386 4038 or 020 8236 7550
Monday – Friday9am – 5pm
From Shenley Road turn down Furzehill Road, The BECC is on the right at the mini roundabout onto Shakespeare Drive. Look for the traffic sign to The BECC Children’s Centre at the junction of Shenley and Furzehill Roads. Other than the parking designated for Disability all our parking spaces are allocated to parents and children. The BECC has both a buggy and bike store.
Browse our activity programme (PDF) and read descriptions of sessions from September to December 2017.
There are currently 1,431 children aged 0 – 5 years living in this area. In January 1970 we have 91% (1,296) of these children registered.
Group data: In total there are currently 3,132 children aged 0 – 5 years living in the Borehamwood area. In September 2017 we have 89% (2799) of these children registered.
Our Target Priorities for Borehamwood
- Further develop services for families who choose not to take up their free early year’s child care place.
- Develop services for expectant parents.
- Encourage all families to access Children’s Centre services, including those who are not currently accessing services.
Latest updates from The BECC Children’s Centre
- Summer Newsletter
The BECC would like to welcome all families to your termly newsletter. The team aims to keep all families with children, from birth to 5 years, up to date with all the latest news from your local Children’s Centre.
- Healthy Children’s Centre accreditation
We have achieved the Healthy Children’s Centre accreditation for all of our Children’s Centres. Find out more
- Free childcare for your two year old
Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) have been working together to increase the take up of free early education for two year olds. One of the aims of the group was to have a new visual identity for the two year old scheme. The overwhelming choice was for a dinosaur, known as “Spike” within the team.
Could you be entitled to get free early education and childcare for you 3 and 4 year old?
Did you know that:
All 3 and 4 year olds can get 15 hours free early education (570 hours per year). This can be used with a school, childminder, day nursery, pre-school. In some cases, 3 and 4 year olds can get an extra 15 hours childcare (570 hours a year). This will depend on your circumstances.
- We Moves, She Moves Newsletter
Welcome to the November We Move, She Moves newsletter and a big warm welcome to all our new ‘movers’! This month we have some exciting events and new courses for you to be involved in from Swimming to Yoga, running to Boogie Bounce Xtreme, Trampolining to Clubbercise and many more. Read more below…
- Nursery Nurse (Starjumps Borehamwood) - Nursery Nurses Location: Starjumps Nursery Borehamwood Hours: Full Time – 39 hours per week Salary: £15,818 – £16,500 pa (dependant on qualifications, age and experience) Starjumps Nursery, Borehamwood are looking for keen and enthusiastic Nursery Nurses to work in our exciting day nursery with opportunities to develop your career further. NVQ3 Childcare Qualification essential. Experience… Read More